Dear Edinburgh College,
I am writing to request information under the Freedom of Information Act (Scotland) 2002 on the structure, competencies and remuneration of your Human Resources function.
I shall be grateful if you would provide me with the following information in respect of your Human Resources (HR) function:
1. An organisational chart indicating all the posts within your institution which constitute your HR function. If HR-related activities (eg Learning & Development, Organisational Development, Health & Wellbeing, etc) are managed outwith your main HR function, please include information on these as well.
2. Details of the overall role and specific duties undertaken by each of the posts detailed in (1) above (eg job descriptions, role profiles, etc).
3. Details of the competencies required for each of the posts detailed in (1) above (eg person specifications, competency frameworks, etc).
4. The remuneration package for each post, including:
a. The gross salary range (or spot salary) applicable to each post;
b. Any bonus/merit/performance payments that the posts are potentially eligible for and the procedure for awarding these;
c. The annual leave entitlement, please detail if bank holidays, institutional closure periods, are in addition or included in the annual leave entitlement.
d. Details of any superannuation scheme.
5. Details of your total HR staff cost in £ (sterling) and as a proportion of your
a. Institutional income;
b. Institutional payroll, including salary on-costs.
6. Details of the total HR budget, including whether this includes staff development for HR staff.
7. Details of any institution-wide, centrally administered staff development budget, how institutional and individual priorities are set and the process for allocating and/or accessing these funds
To place this data in context I shall be grateful if you would also provide me with the headcount and full-time equivalent of your:
1. Academic staff
2. Support staff
I would like the above information to be provided to me in an electronic format.
I understand that under the act, I should be entitled to a response within 20 working days of your receipt of this email. I would be grateful if you could confirm by email that you have received this request.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Sent request to Edinburgh College again, using a new contact address.
I am currently on annual leave and return to the office on Monday, 21st
October. If your enquiry is urgent please contact Graham Short at
[email address].uk or call 0131 535 4618. Thank you.
Please note that this is a new email address and you should update your
address book accordingly.
1. mailto:[email address]
Sent request to Edinburgh College again.
Dear Mr Smith
Please be aware that on 1 ^ October 2012, Edinburgh’s Telford College,
Jewel & Esk College and Stevenson College merged to create a single
college called Edinburgh College.
I refer to your e-mail of 20 ^ October 2013 and am now able to provide you
with the College’s response as attached.
The College is subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information
(Scotland) Act 2002. If you are not satisfied with the response you have
received to your request for information, you have the right to request a
review and to appeal subsequently to the Scottish Information
Commissioner. Any request for a review should be made in writing, either
by e-mail or by letter, to the Director of Finance at the address below or
by e-mail to: [email address].
Mr Alan Williamson
Director of Finance
Edinburgh College (Sighthill Campus)
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now