Your Accredited Persons Scheme

Josie Appleton made this Freedom of Information request to Cheshire East Council

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

The request was successful.

Dear Cheshire East Council,

I would like to know about your involvement in the police accredited persons scheme.

I would like to know –

1. The number of council staff who are accredited persons, and the powers they hold;

2. Any records you hold on the activities of these accredited persons, including:
- any fines they have issued (if possible, please give annual figures broken down by offence);
- the number of incidents of alcohol confiscation.
It is part of the conditions of the accredited persons scheme that you keep records of this kind.

Yours faithfully,

Josie Appleton

FOI East, Cheshire East Council

Dear Sir/Madam


Thank you for your email.


It will be treated as a request for information within the meaning of the
Freedom of Information Act: this means that we will send you a full
response within 20 working days, either supplying you with the information
which you want, or explaining to you why we cannot supply it. If we need
any further clarification or there is any problem we will be in touch.


In the meantime if you wish to discuss this further please contact me. It
would be helpful if you could quote the log number 804228.


Yours sincerely


FOI East

Compliance Unit

Cheshire East Council

Tel 01270 686605



show quoted sections

FOI East, Cheshire East Council

Dear Ms Appleton

Thank you for your request for information. I have consulted the council's Head of Community Services and am informed the accreditation expired last year as a result of the Community Wardens workload 'shifting' in emphasis to environmental issues.

I trust this completes your request for information.

If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a complaint or request a review under the Freedom of Information Act you should write to the Compliance Unit, Cheshire East Council, Westfields, Middlewich Road, Sandbach, Cheshire, CW11 1HZ.

If you are not content with the outcome of your complaint, you may apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. Generally, the ICO cannot make a decision unless you have exhausted the complaints procedure provided by the Council. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.

Yours sincerely

Rose Raine
Compliance Officer
Cheshire East Council
Tel: 01270 686605

show quoted sections