Dear Godalming College,
I am writing to make an open government request for all the information to which I am entitled under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
In order to assist you with this request, I am outlining my query as specifically as possible.
Please can you provide information on the following:
1. Does your organisation use a Learning Management System and e-learning provision for employee / staff training?
2. If no, are there ongoing plans to purchase a Learning Management System and e-learning provision for employee training in the near future?
3. What is the name of the Learning Management System (product name) and which company is it purchased from?
4. Provide brief information of the current e-learning courses that are used in employee training.
5. Who provides the e-learning courses that are used in employee training?
6. Provide the development themes of the eLearning courses that are used in employee training (i.e. Compliance, Safeguarding, etc.)
7. Value of the current contract, date of commencement and date of expiry.
8. Who is responsible for ensuring the LMS and e-learning provision meets the local authorities training requirements?
9. Can you please provide your current organisational structure for the college.
I would like the above information to be provided to me via email.
If this request is too wide or unclear, I would be grateful if you could contact me as I understand that under the Act, you are required to advise and assist requesters. If any of this information is already in the public domain, please can you direct me to it, with page references and URLs if necessary.
I understand that you are required to respond to my request within the 20 working days after receipt, however I would be grateful if you could confirm that you have received this request.
If you have any queries please don’t hesitate to contact me via email or phone and I will be happy to clarify what I am asking for, my details are outlined below.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response.
Dear Chris Sharman.
Please find the information you have requested below:
1. Yes, we do use a Learning Management System as a small part of our staff training programme. Its use is limited to top-up training, our ongoing Continuing Professional Development is mostly 'classroom' based.
3. We use Educare, purchased directly from them.
4. We use the Safeguarding Children and Young People courses on the Educare platform - this is the only course we require staff to complete, but are also able to access other courses offered depending on their role, or the availability of other training.
5. The e-learning courses are purchased from Educare - noting that the main staff training is 'classroom' style, led by experts from within our own institution, or those close-by.
6. The oversight of which staff require which level of staff training is managed by our Assistant Principal for Staff and Student Development. This role is also the Senior Safeguarding Lead, who is direct contact with the Local Authority and other agencies.
7. Information about pricing and details of the contract are commercially sensitive.
8. See no. 6.
9. The current organisational chart is attached.
If any information is unclear, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me.
Head of ILT Services
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now