Dear Maritime and Coastguard Agency,
I am writing to request information on paramedics working on HM Coastguard helicopters. Specifically I would like to know:
- What is the scope of practice of your paramedics? (Skills and drugs they are allowed to use. Please include any advanced skills if applicable.)
- What drugs do they carry?
- Are your paramedics allowed to intubate? If so, how are they required to demonstrate and maintain competency?
- What medical equipment / bags (and contents) / medical devices do your paramedics use and carry?
- On average, how many ill or injured patients are taken to hospital by your paramedics each year?
Good afternoon Mr Smith,
Please see attached the response letter for your Freedom of Information
Request, as well as the appropriate annex.
HMCG HQ Business Unit
Maritime and Coastguard Agency
The logos of the MCA, including the
Coastguard, Merchant Shipping, and MCA 105 Commercial Road
Safer Lives, Safer Ships, Cleaner Seas
A website icon linking to the MCA Government Website A Facebook
icon linking to the MCA Facebook page A Twitter icon linking to the
MCA Twitter page A YouTube icon linking to the MCA YouTube
page A LinkedIn icon linking to the MCA LinkedIn page
The information in this email may be confidential or otherwise protected
by law. If you received it in error, please let us know by return e-mail
and then delete it immediately, without printing or passing it on to
Incoming and outgoing e-mail messages are routinely monitored for
compliance with our policy on the use of electronic communications and for
other lawful purposes.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now