Dear University of Cambridge,
I am writing to make an open government request for all the information to which I am entitled under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. My request is regarding your widening participation and outreach activities, specifically those related to working with and engaging parents. I am asking for this information to support a research project into parental engagement in higher education.
Please send me a list of any outreach programmes or activities currently delivered by the university or by partners of the university in which the programme directly with parents. Please provide this information as an Excel or CSV file, using one activity/programme per row, with columns for:
1. The name of the activity
2. Which external partner, if any, you worked with to deliver the activity
3. The aims of the activity
4. The key features of the activity e.g. delivery methods, format of sessions, partners
5. The duration of the activity
6. The number of parents reached through the activity in the last 12 months
7. Methods used to recruit parents to the programme
8. Whether particular groups of parents were targeted (e.g. by ethnic group, socio-economic status, level of education)
9. Any evidence of the programme’s success, including how success was defined and measured
I would like the above information to be provided to me in electronic format, as an Excel or CSV file.
If this request is too wide or unclear, I would be grateful if you could contact me ([email address]). I understand that you are required to respond to my request within the 20 working days after you receive this request. I would be grateful if you could confirm by email that you have received this request.
I look forward to receiving your response.
Senior Research Associate
This is to acknowledge receipt of your request for information. Your reference number is given in the subject line of this email. We will respond on or before 8 March 2018.
Freedom of Information Office
University of Cambridge
Registrary's Office, The Old Schools
Trinity Lane, Cambridge, CB2 1TN
T: (01223 7)64142
F: (01223 3)32332
E: [email address]