Dear Department for Work and Pensions,
We would like to know why DWP:
1. do not allow email communications.
2. do not allow online applications.
3. insist on only using postal services.
4. insist on only using the telephone.
5. keep us waiting on the telephone for well over an hour.
6. do not have the technology to call us back when an agent is available, rather than have us waste our time hanging on for so long?
7. do not have an online complaints service.
This is an automated confirmation that your request for information has
been received by the DWP FOI mailbox.
If your email is a valid Freedom of Information request, as per Section 8
of the FOI Act 2000, you can normally expect a response within 20 working
Please note that email FOI responses will be issued from
We recommend that you add this address to your email contacts otherwise
the response may be treated as Spam or Junk mail.
Should you have any further queries in connection with this request please
Information on the Department for Work and Pensions can be accessed on
gov.uk here - http://www.gov.uk/dwp
Dear George Tsigarides,
I am writing in response to your request for information, received 14th
DWP Central FoI Team
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now