Dear Department for Work and Pensions,
Under the FOI Act, please can you provide the WRITTEN copies of guidance papers , that are used by DWP or (the people that you contract out to, HCP's, or indeed the members of the Tribunal Panel Hearing etc..) . Or clarify whether these are "Verbal Rules"only?
1) Why do DISABLED Spinal Cord Injured claimants need a Stopwatch & a Tape Measure?
2) Why is it NECESSARY for the disabled claimant , whether they HAVE the ability or NOT,
to know EXACTLY the following?
3) To Know how FAR they can walk ?
4) How QUICKLY they can walk ?
5) Can they do this REPEATEDLY ?
6) When asking the claimant , it is Not made Clear , as to what different lengths & times mean, or relating to? ie ;-
Does getting off one's back .if at all/managing to put one's feet on the ground or being able to take a FEW steps(do any of these examples, class as a length) please clarify?
7) If the claimant is "CONFUSED" of what is being asked by the DWP/HCP or Tribunal panel etc (claimant may not be very good at "estimating distances & the times off the top of their heads!!)
When "ACCUSED of being EVASIVE" over these questions . The claimant then becomes/registered as a "Benefit Fraudster" why is this?
8) Why is it NOT made clear, that a "vague answer" or " guess" , is a REFUSAL?
9) In what context does the word "FOLLOW" mean ? This phrase is on the claim form. But is a very ambiguous word to use, is it not? As it can be open for "ANY INTERPRETATION" that the DWP wishes?
10) The rules, as well as the wording & questions on the claim forms , seem to have been designed purposefully , in order to deny any help or payment? Is this true?
This is an automated confirmation that your request for information has
been accepted by the DWP FoI mailbox.
By the next working day your request will be forwarded to the relevant
information owner within the Department who will respond to you direct.
If your email is a Freedom of Information request you can normally
expect a response within 20 working days.
Email FOI responses will be issued from [email address]
We recommend that you add this address to your email contacts otherwise
the response may be treated as Spam or Junk mail.
Should you have any further queries in connection with this request do
please contact us.
Dear taryn taylor,
I am writing in response to your request for information, received 17th
DWP Central FoI Team
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now