When maintenance work on a council dwelling requires access to a neighboring property

The request was partially successful.

Dear Newcastle upon Tyne City Council,

When maintenance work on a council dwelling requires access to a neighboring property
(e.g. Scaffolding support which crosses a boundary).

Could you please tell me:
How it is established whether the property requiring access is council or private?

Could you please tell me:
If it is established that the property is private, then what procedure is followed
to contact the owner?

If the procedure is to write to owner with an access request.
Could you please tell me from December 2007 until December 2017:
How many requests letters have been sent?
How many received a positive response?
How many received a negative or no reply?
How many times a court order was obtained to enforce access?

If there is no procedure to contact the owner or no records kept, then could you please tell me how disputes are resolved?

Yours faithfully,

G Allans

O'Donovan, Laura (YHN),

1 Attachment


Thank you for your Freedom of Information request. We manage council houses on behalf of Newcastle City Council so have prepared the attached response for you. If you need anything else please let me know.

Kind regards,

Laura O’Donovan
Communications Officer

Please note my working days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday

“Delivering great services, enabling people to thrive in great communities, supporting a great city”

t:  0191 278 3832
w: www.yhn.org.uk

Your Homes Newcastle Limited.  Registration Number 5076256.  Registered in England and Wales
Registered Office:  Newcastle Civic Centre, Barras Bridge, Newcastle upon Tyne.  NE1 8PR.
A company controlled by Newcastle City Council.

show quoted sections

Looking for an EU Authority?

You can request documents directly from EU Institutions at our sister site AskTheEU.org . Find out more .