When am I eligible for my ILR

Mrs S Khan made this Freedom of Information request to Home Office

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

Home Office did not have the information requested.

Dear Home Office,

I want some guidance on when am I eligible for my ILR.

I was granted Tier 1 (General) Partner visa on 2nd October 2012 under 5 year partner route and I entered UK on 29th December 2012 to live with my husband. We have been living together ever since and my husband got his Indefinite Leave to remain under 10 year long residency route in December 2014. He has now naturalised as a British Citizen. I was granted 30 months visa under FLR(M) on 29th September 2015 which is valid till March 2018.

I want to know that given the above circumstance and the time that I have spent in UK as a partner, When is the earliest I can apply for my Indefinite leave to remain

Yours faithfully,

Mrs Khan

No Reply,

Dear Khan,

Thank you for using UKVI Contact Centre Services for enquiry Reference #
170719-001653. We hope that we answered your enquiry to your satisfaction.
Please take a moment to complete our short survey.

[1]Click here to take this survey.

If you have any further enquiries please visit our website at

Kind regards,

UKVI Contact Centre

Website: [3]www.gov.uk/home-office



Visible links
1. http://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ci...
2. http://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/rd...
3. http://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/rd...

UK Visas and Immigration,

Dear Mrs Khan,
Thank you for your enquiry dated 16th July regarding when am I eligible
for ILR.
I am sorry for the delay in replying to your email.
We are unable to advise on settlement applications.
Please use the link below to find out if you can apply for settlement
(also called ‘indefinite leave to remain’) in the UK:
Please note the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they
satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance
material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visas and
Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of
any such application prior to it being given full and careful
Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you.
If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration
advice. Immigration advisers can help you with immigration matters,
including completion of forms and representing you at a tribunal. The
Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates
immigration advisers, which mean they must meet certain standards.
Please see the below link to find an immigration adviser:
Yours faithfully,
Claire Burdon.
UKVI Contact Centre.



UKVI Contact Centre

Website: [3]www.gov.uk/home-office




Visible links
1. Click to follow link: https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk
2. Click to follow link: https://www.gov.uk/find-an-immigration-a...
3. http://www.gov.uk/home-office