Dear Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust,
Since formation of the Trust, could I please have information on:
1) Number of inpatient deaths per year
2) Number of inpatient deaths occurring at Band Holidays and weekends each year
3) Number of out-patient deaths (people subject to care in the community on Section 117) per year
4) Number of out-patient deaths occurring at Bank Holidays and weekends each year
5) Total number of patients each year (in and out patients)
Thank you, I appreciate your time.
Re.Request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Thank you for your email received into our Trust 27th May 2010 requesting
information regarding patient deaths to which I would confirm the
Over the requested period of time there were 40 deaths. This broke down to
33 from natural causes, 23 of which were patients who died on Oxleas
There were 2 suicides in inpatient services and 2 in the community.
There were 2 patient safety deaths 1 recorded as choking and the other as
There is 1 outstanding inquest of a death within inpatient services.
Information Governance Team
Email:[Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust request email]