Dear North East Lincolnshire Council,
1. What method do you use for weed control?
2. Do you use Chemicals?
3. If you use chemicals is the council looking to using a more environmentally friendly method?
4. Does the council carry out weed control duties in-house or is this contracted out?
5. (If contracted out) who is the contractor responsible for Weed control duties?
6. Does the council have a budget for a chemical free alternative?
7. Contact details for the person(s) responsible for managing weed control within the council
Dear Sir / Madam
I am pleased to acknowledge your request for information, which has been
allocated the reference number NELC/22164/2122
Your request has been passed to the relevant department and you can expect
your response within the 20 working day limit. If it will take us longer
than 20 working days to respond to you, we will inform you of this and
provide you with the expected date for receiving a response.
Further information about how we will deal with your Freedom of
Information requests is available on our website at:
Please feel free to contact me if you require any further information or
assistance quoting the reference number above.
North East Lincolnshire Council
Dear Sir / Madam
Thank you for your information request, reference number FOI 22164/2122. I
wish to confirm that North East Lincolnshire Council holds the following
1) What method do you use for weed control?
Adopted Highway – Obstacles / Obstructions and fence lines weed spraying.
2) Do you use Chemicals?
3) If you use chemicals is the council looking to using a more
environmentally friendly method?
We do look at the latest innovations on environmentally friendly weed
control, although this must be practical and cost effective.
4) Does the council carry out weed control duties in-house or is this
5) (If contracted out) who is the contractor responsible for Weed control
6) Does the council have a budget for a chemical free alternative?
7) Contact details for the person(s) responsible for managing weed control
within the council
Grounds Maintenance Team - 01472 326300 option 3
If you believe that your request for information has not been handled in
accordance with the Freedom of Information Act, you have the right to
request an internal review by the Council. Please be clear about which
elements of the Council’s response or handling of the request you are
unhappy with, and would like the Council to address during the internal
review process. If following this you are still dissatisfied you may
contact the Office of the Information Commissioner. If you wish to request
an internal review, please contact me and I will make the necessary
Yours sincerely on behalf of North East Lincolnshire Council
Copy of the request
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now