Dear North West Strategic Health Authority,

I would like to know how much is spent on water fluoridation in the Northwest, which areas are treated/not treated. I would also like to know the cost of the fluoridation per area treated and which company provides the fluoride.

Yours faithfully,

Neil Deakin

Dear North West Strategic Health Authority,

Ive not received any response yet, can you advise what the delay is?

Yours faithfully,

Neil Deakin

Lamb Kieran, North West Strategic Health Authority

1 Attachment

Dear Mr Deakin

I apologise for the delay in responding to your request for the following

1. Details of areas that fluoridation is currently undertaken.
2. The cost of fluoridation.
3. Details of the supplier of materials used in the fluoridation process.

In answer to your first question I attach a copy of the North West
Fluoridation Evaluation Group Report that identifies this on a map on page
19. The Cornhow, Ennerdale, Hurleston Water Treatment Works are those that
currently fluoridate water.

In relation to question 2, NHS North West only holds information relating
to the capital costs of refurbishment of water treatment works.  Revenue
costs will be held by NHS Cumbria and Central and Eastern Cheshire PCT. 

In terms of the capital costs for refurbishment of the water treatment
works these were:

Ennerdale WTW £328,083 Refurbished 2004

Cornhow WTW £80,622 Refurbished 2004

Hurleston WTW £725,000 Refurbished 2008/9,2009/10.


In terms of your request relating to the supplier of materials to enable
the fluoridation process this information is not held by NHS North West
but you may be able to obtain this information by requesting it from
United Utilities themselves.

If you are dissatisfied with any decisions made in relation to the release
of information relating to your request you may ask for an internal
review. A request for an internal review should be addressed to:

Mildred Dillon
Assistant Director of Corporate Affairs
NHS North West
7th Floor
Gateway House
Piccadilly South
M60 7LP

If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review you have
the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a
decision. The contact details are:

Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane

Yours sincerely

Kieran Lamb

Kieran Lamb

Head of Library Services

Fade Library

Liverpool PCT

Regatta Place

Summers Road

Brunswick Business Park


L3 4BL

t: 0151 285 4495
f: 0151 285 4499
w: [1]
b: [2]


Visible links

Looking for an EU Authority?

You can request documents directly from EU Institutions at our sister site . Find out more .