Dear Bassetlaw Primary Care Trust (PCT),
1. Could you please provide a list of names and contact details for the PCT Officers that are responsible for managing the repair and maintenance of water-mains and sewers on/within all your PCT properties/premises.
2. Does the PCT have a contractor(s) in place to deliver your statutory duties with respect to the following activities:
a. Mitigating water loss from mains on/within all PCT properties/premises, including hospitals, surgeries, offices, depots etc. (The Water Authorities undergo leakage detection exercises and have powers to insist leaks are repaired without delay);
b. Preventing pollution of groundwater from poorly maintained and leaking sewers on PCT land (recent laws place the burden for any pollution event upon the polluter – polluter pays);
c. Maintaining appropriate levels of water quality within private mains networks at PCT owned premises, such as hospitals, clinics, office premises etc. (legislation places various obligations on network owners for maintaining the quality of water on their premises and to get the appropriate approvals before upgrading/maintenance works are carried out).
3. Can you please provide the name and address of the contractor(s) currently undertaking the works activities listed in point 2 above?
4. Can you please confirm the nature of the contract that you have with these contractors and when the contract(s) is/are due to be renewed?
Thank you for your recent request for information.
This request was received by the PCT on 1st February 2011; we will
respond to you no later than 1st March 2011 (20 working days).
Retford Hospital, North Road, Retford DN22 7XF
Direct Line: 01777 863268
Dear Mr McElveen,
Thank you for your request for information.
1. The contact person would be Richard Penney Head of Estates and
Facilities Retford Hospital North road Retford DN22 7XF Tel 01777 863399
2. We do not currently have a contractor specifically engaged purely for
this type of work in a regular contract. However we do engage under a
formal maintenance service contract the adjacent Acute Trust Doncaster
and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHSFT to undertake general statutory and non
statutory estates maintenance of all our building services and
engineering systems. The acute Trust use both direct labour and contract
services including a contractor engaged as a sub contractor under this
main contract to undertake regular maintenance in respect of water
system maintenance under BS ACOP L8 in respect of water systems.
3. Please see above. The subcontractor engaged on L8 works is H2o of
Yeadon Court, Ring Road,Seacroft, Leeds LS14 1AB
4. Our current contract with Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals is for 3
years ending in March 2013
I trust that this fulfils your requirements.
Retford Hospital, North Road, Retford DN22 7XF Direct Line: 01777 863268
Dear Foi Requests @BPCT,
Thank you for your prompt and helpful response, much appreciated.