Dear Dumfries & Galloway Council,
Please would you acknowledge this request.
As of January 2011, please could you tell me:
1) How many allotment sites are there in Dumfries & Galloway for which the Council has access to waiting list data?
2) What is the total number of plots on these sites?
3) What is the total number of people on waiting lists for these sites?
4) Are any of these waiting lists closed to further applications?
5) How many new council allotment sites were brought into use in 2010? Please give:
a) number of new sites
b) names of new sites
c) total area of new land in hectares
d) total number of new plots
6) What is the current annual rent for an allotment?
7) If concessions rates are available for O.A.P.s and/or unwaged people please give details
8) Does the Council plan to increase the number of allotments?
9) Is it the policy of the Council to advertise or promote allotments? If so please give details.
Dear Sir / Madam
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION (SCOTLAND) ACT 2002
REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
Thank you for your request for information, which was received 3 January
2011 and is being dealt with in terms of the above Act. Your request has
been given the unique Reference 10711 and should be quoted on all
Under the Terms of the Act, we have a statutory obligation to respond to
your request within 20 working days from the day after your request was
received. A response to your request for information will be sent to you
promptly; and in any event not later than 1 February 2011.
You should be aware that there might be a fee charged for the retrieval,
collation and provision of the information you have requested. You will
be advised by means of a 'fees notice' and no information will be
provided without the fees being duly paid to the Council.
Where your request for information has been examined in detail and
deemed as a "business as usual" request, it will be responded to by the
appropriate Service within the Council.
If you have any queries in the meantime, please do not hesitate to
on behalf of Alex Little
Senior Information Officer
Dumfries and Galloway Council
Tel: 01387 260102
Please find below the response to your recent request for information.
There are 6 allotment sites in Dumfries and Galloway.
Stoop (Dumfries) - 23 allotments, waiting list of 21.
Kingholm (Dumfries) - 29 allotments, waiting list of 17.
Noblehill (Dumfries) - 12 allotments, waiting list of 15.
Thornhill - 28 allotments, waiting list of 5.
Greenknowe (Annan) - 11 allotments
John Bell Field (Annan) 6 allotments, joint waiting list with Greenknowe of 37.
No waiting lists are closed due to further applications.
No new council allotment sites were brought into use in 2010.
£0.25 per square metre (allotments are approximately 100square metres in size) so average cost equals £25.00 per annum.
There is a 50% concession for O.A.P's.
The Council does not plan to increase the number of allotments.
There is not currently a policy to promote allotments, but an Allotment Strategy currently being developed.
If I can be of any further help, please let me know.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now