Dear Sunderland City Council,
Please would you acknowledge this request.
As of January 2011, please could you tell me:
1) How many allotment sites are there in Sunderland for which the Council has access to waiting list data?
2) What is the total number of plots on these sites?
3) What is the total number of people on waiting lists for these sites?
4) Are any of these waiting lists closed to further applications?
5) How many new council allotment sites were brought into use in 2010? Please give:
a) number of new sites
b) names of new sites
c) total area of new land in hectares
d) total number of new plots
I confirm that your request for information has been received and is receiving attention.
The Council aims to provide available information promptly and in any event within 20 working days, unless, exceptionally, there is a need to consider whether the information is exempt from disclosure. Please note that there may be a charge for providing copies of the information. If the cost of complying with your request in full exceeds £450, we will ask you to reconsider your request, or to pay a fee before the information is supplied. If we need to ask you to refine your request or to pay a charge or fee we will let you know. Please quote the reference below if you contact the Council regarding this request.
Our reference: Customer number: 100 and RFI number 110101
Dear Mrs Campbell
Freedom of Information Request – Waiting List for Allotments
I refer to your request for information under the Freedom of Information
Act 2000 sent to Sunderland City Council on 2^nd January 2011 requesting
information on waiting lists for allotments. The information is as
1. Sunderland City Council has 94 allotment sites
throughout the City
2. There are 2775 plots in total
3. At the present time there are 1479 applicants on the
waiting list. On our application form people are allowed to choose two
sites, therefore although the waiting list shows 1479 it
is only 739 individual applicants
4. There are no closed waiting lists for any of the
5. a) No new sites were created in 2010
b) There are no names of new sites
c) There is 0 hectares of new allotment land
d) There are 0 plots
I attach for your information a flowchart setting out the review procedure
and also a copy of the Council's conditions of re-use of information
Information Governance Officer
Executive Director of City Services
Sunderland is aiming to become the most liveable city in the UK.
Visit www.Sunderland.gov.uk for Council services and information.
Business investors can access www.Investinsunderland.co.uk
Visitors to the City should log onto www.Visitsunderland.com
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now