Dear Hounslow Borough Council,
When you receive an FoI request for CCTV coverage but have no cameras covering the area, you usually send a standard template response as follows...
"London Borough of Hounslow does not have any cameras near the vicinity mentioned below.
There is a Transport For London (TFL) camera nearby the location. They may be able to assist you further although as far as we are aware, TfL only monitor traffic flow, they do not record.
Their contact is: 0843 222 1234
If you have any other enquires please don't hesitate to contact us."
1. On what date did you first become aware that 0843 222 1234 is the contact number for TfL?
2. On what basis and which what frequency do you check whether or not this is still the correct number for contacting TfL?
3. What information sources do you use for this confirmation? e.g. TfL or other website, or perhaps calling the number itself.
4. What was the last date that you checked whether or not 0843 222 1234 is the correct number for contacting TfL (and which method was used for this check)?
5. What procedure is in place to update the template message should you discover that TfL has changed their number?
Dear Resident/Member of the public,
Thank you for your email about a Freedom of Information.
We will either deal with your request or pass it onto our service teams to
provide you with a response.
o Freedom of Information (FOI) requests – the Council will respond
within 20 working days from the time of receipt if this is within working
hours, or, if received out of hours, from the next working day.
o To comply with the Local Government Transparency Code 2015 further
information can be found at
Customer Relations Team
Dear Mr Ian,
Thank you for your email below which has been received by the Customer Relations Team.
I have logged this under reference 37191 and will be allocating to the relevant section.
They should respond within 20 working days.
Rapinder | Customer Relations Officer
Yellow Zone, Civic Centre
London Borough of Hounslow,
Tel: 020 8583 5211 | Email: [email address]
Information about Council services can be found on our website www.hounslow.gov.uk
Follow us online: Twitter: @LBofHounslow and Facebook: www.facebook.com/HounslowCouncil
Dear Mr Ian,
Please find the response to your latest FOI request.
Rowena Ramos-Piller | CCTV Support Officer
Enforcement, Community Safety and Commercial Regulation
Regeneration, Economic Development & Environment - REDe
London Borough of Hounslow
hounslow logo jpeg pic
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now