Dear Department for Work and Pensions,
Can you please provide the documentation and guidelines for the following:-
1) What is the options for people who cannot verify their ID by the computer based UC claims site?
2) What alternatives are there for people who are disabled and unable to use a computer to make the claim?
3) What alternatives are there for those who cannot leave the house (House Bound) to make the claim ?
4) What alternative for disabled people and those unable to leave the house are there for the meeting with a work coach to sign off on the UC agreement?
5) As disabled people have varying proven disabilities, and are in 99% of cases required to attend a Job Centre for UC meetings can you provide the Risk Assessment criteria guidelines, that individual risk assessments for them to attend your premises require.
6) Can you provide details of the alternatives available should a Job Centre not meet the required legal requirements for disability access, and the guidance to DWP staff should a disabled person arrive at a Job Centre and not be able to gain access, this is to include guidance on directions given to Sanction the benefit claimant for non attendance.?
7) Given people on benefits might not have access to either a passport or driving licence, either through lack of money to get one or due to a disability there is no legal option for them to obtain one what alternatives of setting up the UC claim are there and what forms of ID would be accepted in place if those documents required fro an online claim?
This is an automated confirmation that your request for information has
been accepted by the DWP FoI mailbox.
By the next working day your request will be forwarded to the relevant
information owner within the Department who will respond to you direct.
If your email is a Freedom of Information request you can normally
expect a response within 20 working days.
Should you have any further queries in connection with this request do
please contact us.
For further information on the Freedom of Information Act within DWP
please click on the link below.