Dear North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust,
Following the announcement from HMRC requiring VAT be paid on agency doctors supplied to the trust by Brooksons/+us, can you confirm;
1. Whether agency doctors are still being, (a) mandated to or, (b) requested to work through the Brooksons/+us shell arrangement?
2. Whether the trust intends to seek compensation for breach of contract by Brooksons/+us and /or rely on any indemnity provided by Brooksons/+us should HMRC seek to recover backdated taxes?
3. Whether nationally procured contracts endorsed by NHS Improvement and HM Treasury will now be used by locum services from one or more agencies or a neutral vendor?
4. Whether the trust intends to use a newly modified service with the same provider to try to continue to avoid or mitigate VAT, and please share any legal and tax advice that you have sought?
5. Whether the trust considers the contract with this provider is void on the basis that the contract specification can no longer be met and any changes proposed to the supply model would be so material as to render it void?
Reference Number FOI 2019 - 194
Thank you for your request for information about VAT at North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust.
We anticipate being able to provide a response within the timescales allowed under the Act.
In the meantime if you have any questions regarding this request please contact us directly quoting the reference number above.
North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust was formed on 1st April 2017 and comprises of Peterborough City Hospital, Hinchingbrooke Hospital and Stamford & Rutland Hospital. The Trust also provides community clinics at Princess of Wales Hospital in Ely, Doddington Hospital and North Cambs Hospital in Wisbech. Further information is available via our website www.nwangliaft.nhs.uk.
Any future Freedom of Information requests should be addressed to North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust using the email address below.
The Freedom of Information Team
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now