We don't know whether the most recent response to this request contains information or not – if you are Ella Sturridge please sign in and let everyone know.

V5 new keeper - EU overseas

Ella Sturridge made this Freedom of Information request to Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

We're waiting for Ella Sturridge to read a recent response and update the status.

Dear Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency,

I am really not sure what to do, so I have a UK plate vehicle which is SORN after I moved the vehicle to Spain. As the vehicle has now been in Spain for over 6 months I completed section 11 Notification of permanent export. As the V5 which I still hold replaces the need for a separate export certificate, how do I now go about selling my UK plate vehicle to Spanish local. As the new owner will be Spanish, with a Spanish address, how do I fill in the new keepers details if you only accept UK addresses. Or do I complete the new keepers details and provide him with the slip but then keep the rest of the V5 document. I am in desperate need to sell the car as I plan to move back to the UK and do not want to bring it back with me nor give it away.

Yours faithfully,

Ella Sturridge

DVLA Contact Centre, Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency

Dear Ella Sturridge,

Thank you for your enquiry received on 28/3/2018.
Your case reference number is 00536439.

We appreciate that you have taken the time to contact us in relation to
this matter.?

It may help if I explain that the V5C Registration Certificate can only be
used in the UK to notify us of the sale of a vehicle.

As you have already notified us that you have exported the vehicle, all
you need to do is notify us that you are no longer the keeper. You should
write to the following address:

SA99 1BD

Fax: 01792 788378

You would need to include the:

• your full name and address
• vehicle registration number
• make & model of the vehicle
• date of sale
• who you sold the vehicle to

You may give the full V5C to the new keeper in Spain who can use this
document to register the vehicle there. 

If you are no longer in receipt of the V5C, the new keeper (purchaser) can
apply for an Export Certificate, by using form V756 (available from DVLA,
and for download from [1]www.gov.uk/taking-vehicles-out-of-uk) to register
the vehicle in Spain.

The new keeper of the vehicle should allow up to 6 weeks to receive the
V561 Export Certificate.

Please note we are issuing automatic acknowledgement letters to confirm
that keepers are no longer responsible for the vehicle. If you do not
receive the confirmation letter within 4 weeks please contact us.

I trust this is of assistance to you.

Do not reply to this email. If you wish to contact us again about this
response then please use our [2]reply form link or copy and paste the
following URL in to your browser:


Best Regards
C Oldham

[3]DVLA Email Logo

We always welcome feedback, [4]click here to complete a feedback survey

New vehicle tax rates for cars registered on or after 1 April 2017.
Find out more at: [5]www.gov.uk/newvehicletaxrates
Twitter: [6]@dvlagovuk | Facebook: [7]dvlagovuk | YouTube: [8]dvlagov


Visible links
1. http://www.gov.uk/taking-vehicles-out-of...
2. https://live.email-dvla.service.gov.uk/w...
4. https://live.email-dvla.service.gov.uk/w...
5. file:///tmp/
6. file:///tmp/
7. file:///tmp/
8. file:///tmp/

We don't know whether the most recent response to this request contains information or not – if you are Ella Sturridge please sign in and let everyone know.