Dear King's College London,
I would like to request the following data about the admissions process for all of your undergraduate law degrees.
1. Whether a candidate's personal statement (which is submitted through UCAS) is considered by the admissions team when considering whether to give that candidate an offer;
If the personal statement is assessed by the admissions team:
2. A list of the marking criteria/factors that are considered by the admissions team when assessing the candidate's personal statement;
3. Whether a candidate's personal statement is given a score or grade of any kind;
4. The weighting attached to the aforementioned score or grade (e.g. 20%);
5. A list of personal statement scores given to offer holders who had applied for undergraduate study in law at your university in the 2018/2019 admissions cycle (and thus received offers for either 2019 direct entry or 2020 deferred entry).
Samira El Amein
Thank you for your email. We will treat your request for information as a
request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, received by the
university on 29 November 2019. We will endeavour to respond to your
request within the statutory 20 working day time frame.
Please note that the university has adopted the Model Publication
Scheme and also publishes FOI responses on our Disclosure Log.
Senior Information Compliance Officer
Department of Business Assurance
King’s College London
James Clerk Maxwell Building
57 Waterloo Road
London SE1 8WA
Tel: 020 7848 7816
Email: [email address]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now