Dear DfT OLR Holdings Limited,
Please find a Freedom of Information request as follows:
1) From April 2020, have companies within DfT OLR Holdings used external recruitment agencies to hire for permanent or contract roles? Fees paid are often known as 'finders fees', 'temp to perm fees' or a retainer fee paid to recruitment agencies.
2) For each train operating company within DfT OLR Holdings, please provide the total recruitment fees paid, and the number of people appointed, for each of the following years:
1 April 2020 - 31 March 2021
1 April 2021 - 31 March 2022
1 April 2022 - 24 January 2023
3) Do DfT OLR Holdings or operating companies have any Preferred Supplier Agreement(s) for recruitment agencies? If so, when are these due to be retendered?
Freedom of Information Act request REF 013.
Thank you for your information request dated 24 January 2023.
You requested information regarding the expenditure on and process for the
use of external recruitment agencies for DOHL and its train operating
Please find the responses to your questions below as they apply to DOHL.
2. FYr: 20/21: £135,023; 21/22: £5,040; 22/23 (up to and
including 24 Jan-23): £42,000
Note that DOHL does not hold the information you have requested regarding
the train operating companies. This information is held by the companies
themselves and, as separate entities, will require requests to be made to
each of them individually. They can be contacted at the following
1. LNER: [email address]
2. Northern: [email address]
If you are dissatisfied with the way we have responded to or handled your
request, you have the right to ask for an internal review. These should
be submitted within two calendar months of the date of this letter and
addressed to [DOHL request email]. Please remember to quote the
reference number above in any future communications.
If you ask for an internal review and are still not content with the
outcome, you have the right to apply directly to the Information
Commissioner for a decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted
via their online form:
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now