Dear North Yorkshire Police,
I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request information regarding your force’s process for collecting and analysing digital evidence from devices belonging to complainants of sexual offences.
I am asking for the following information:
- How many times has digital evidence gathered by your force been used in the prosecution of a rape case in the last 12 months? (please note: if this request is too broad, please provide information from the last 6 months).
- Has there been a use of digital evidence in a rape case that has been in favour of the victim in the last 12 months? (please note: if this request is too broad, please provide information from the last 6 months).
- How much has your force spent on equipment intended to extract digital evidence and data to date? (please note: if this request is too broad, please provide information on the last 12 months).
- In what year did your force start to use extraction tools to gather digital evidence?
- Does your force use cloud surveillance when analysing mobile phone and digital communications data?
Thank you for your email, please treat this as an acknowledgement of receipt.
We are currently experiencing a very high volume of requests for information. We will endeavour to provide a response to your request as soon as we can.
Your email will be dealt with accordingly.
PLEASE NOTE: If your query is to address an urgent safeguarding concern then please redirect your enquiry to the Vulnerability Assessment Team email: [email address]<mailto:[email address]>
The Vulnerability Assessment Team is available during office hours Monday to Friday.
Civil Disclosure Unit
Please find attached a reply to your Freedom of Information request
Please accept our apologies for the delay in providing you with a
Collar Number 4338
Legal Officer – North Yorkshire Police, Civil Disclosure Unit
Evolve Legal Services
Evolve Legal Services is a collaboration delivering professional services
on behalf of the Chief Constable and elected Commissioners of Cleveland
Police, Durham Constabulary and North Yorkshire Police.
Joint Corporate Legal Services, North Yorkshire Police HQ, Alverton Court,
Crosby Road, Northallerton DL6 1BF
DX 68810 Northallerton 2
Civil Disclosure Direct Dial: 01609 643526
Committed to the Code of Ethics
Dial 101, press option 2 and ask for me by my full name or collar number,
if using my collar number please state each number individually
THIS EMAIL AND ANY ATTACHMENT(S) MAY BE SUBJECT TO LEGAL PROFESSIONAL
PRIVILEGE - PLEASE DO NOT DISCLOSE THE CONTENT TO ANYONE ELSE WITHOUT
ASKING JOINT CORPORATE LEGAL SERVICES
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now