Dear Hertfordshire Constabulary,
I am aware that companies are selling technologies to law enforcement that allow them to take vast quantities of personal data from cloud-based apps and accounts. You can read more [https://privacyinternational.org/long-re....
I make the following request for documents/information under the Freedom of Information Act:
1. Do you use mobile phone extraction technology that includes cloud analytics / cloud extraction capabilities e.g. Cellebrite UFED Cloud Analyser, Magnet Axiom Cloud or Oxygen Forensics Cloud Extractor
2. Do you have other technologies that allow you to access cloud-based accounts and extract this data.
3. Please provide a copy of the relevant Data Protection Impact Assessment.
4. Please provide a copy of the relevant local and/or national guidance/standard operating procedure/policy.
5. Please confirm the legal basis you rely on to conduct cloud analytics/extraction.
As we have received duplicate requests from different people can I please request a scanned copy of identification from you under Section 8 of the FOI Act 2000 as shown below:-
8.—(1) In this Act any reference to a “request for information”
is a reference to such a request which—
(a) is in writing,
(b) states the name of the applicant and an address for
(c) describes the information requested.
(2) For the purposes of subsection (1)(a), a request is to be
treated as made in writing where the text of the request—
(a) is transmitted by electronic means,
(b) is received in legible form, and
(c) is capable of being used for subsequent reference.
Jo Atkins 8278
Information Rights Beds/Herts/Cambs
Our ref: FOI2020/00871
Dear Torr Robinson,
I am writing with regards to your request for information, which was
received 4th February.
We have started to consider your request, however we require further
information before we are able to proceed.
Before Hertfordshire Constabulary can proceed any further with your
request please provide proof of ID, as there have been a number of these
requests received from different individuals.
As you will appreciate the statutory timescale for our response to your
request will not commence until we are supplied with the further
information which we require. In the event that we do not hear from you we
will assume that you do not wish to proceed with your request.
Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now