Dear Suffolk Constabulary,
I am aware that companies are selling technologies to law enforcement that allow them to take vast quantities of personal data from cloud-based apps and accounts. You can read more [https://privacyinternational.org/long-re....
I make the following request for documents/information under the Freedom of Information Act:
1. Do you use mobile phone extraction technology that includes cloud analytics / cloud extraction capabilities e.g. Cellebrite UFED Cloud Analyser, Magnet Axiom Cloud or Oxygen Forensics Cloud Extractor
2. Do you have other technologies that allow you to access cloud-based accounts and extract this data.
3. Please provide a copy of the relevant Data Protection Impact Assessment.
4. Please provide a copy of the relevant local and/or national guidance/standard operating procedure/policy.
5. Please confirm the legal basis you rely on to conduct cloud analytics/extraction.
Many thanks for your email, which has been received by the Freedom of Information Team.
This email account is not manned 24/7 and as such, your email will be responded to as soon as a member of the team is available.
Please note that our office hours are as follows:
Monday - Friday - 9.00am - 4:30pm
For non-emergency calls to Suffolk Constabulary please use the 101 telephone number.
In the case of an emergency, please dial 999.
The Freedom of Information Team
Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies
Martlesham Heath, Ipswich, Suffolk
[Suffolk Constabulary request email]
Dear Abdul Hai
Our Ref: FOI 000506/20
Please accept this email as confirmation that your request for information has been received.
Your request will now be considered and you will receive a response within the statutory timescale of 20 working days as defined by the Act, subject to the information not being exempt or containing a reference to a third party. In some circumstances Suffolk Constabulary may be unable to achieve this deadline. If this is likely you will be informed and given a revised time-scale at the earliest opportunity.
We anticipate being able to provide you with a response by 2 March 2020.
A full copy of the Freedom of Information legislation is available online via the website: https://imsva91-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/w...
Should you need to discuss this further please contact us on the details above.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in Suffolk Constabulary.
Freedom of Information Team
Portal Avenue, Martlesham Heath, Ipswich
Suffolk, IP5 3QS
Tel: 01473 613888 Ext 2051
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now