Dear Cleveland Police,
I am aware that companies are selling technologies to law enforcement that allow them to take vast quantities of personal data from cloud-based apps and accounts. You can read more [https://privacyinternational.org/long-re....
I make the following request for documents/information under the Freedom of Information Act:
1. Do you use mobile phone extraction technology that includes cloud analytics / cloud extraction capabilities e.g. Cellebrite UFED Cloud Analyser, Magnet Axiom Cloud or Oxygen Forensics Cloud Extractor
2. Do you have other technologies that allow you to access cloud-based accounts and extract this data.
3. Please provide a copy of the relevant Data Protection Impact Assessment.
4. Please provide a copy of the relevant local and/or national guidance/standard operating procedure/policy.
5. Please confirm the legal basis you rely on to conduct cloud analytics/extraction.
This mailbox is for Freedom of Information requests only and all other
mail will be deleted unactioned.
For Legal please forward your e-mail to
[email address] and for Subject Access please
check the Subject Access section of the Cleveland Police website under the
heading of ‘Advice and Information’ or forward your e-mail to
[email address] for all other
enquiries please contact Cleveland Police via 101.
Dear Mr Hai,
Enquiry Ref: 116701/2020
I acknowledge receipt of your request for information dated 29th January 2020 and received by this office on 30th January 2020.
As set out by the Freedom of Information Act it will be our aim to respond to your request within 20 working days that is by 27th February 2020. In some cases, however, we may be unable to achieve this deadline and would hope to contact you should this be the case.
Please note the ‘working day’ is defined as any day other than a Saturday, a Sunday, or a day which is a bank holiday in any part of the United Kingdom. The first reckonable day is the first working day after receipt.
If you have any questions regarding your request please contact this office.
Ms E McGuigan
Freedom of Information Decision Maker
Directorate of Standards and Ethics
Cleveland Community Safety Hub | 1 Cliffland Way | Hemlington | TS8 9GL
E-mail: [Cleveland Police request email]
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn
Public Service | Transparency | Impartiality | Integrity
Please do not use social media or email to report crime as we do not monitor these accounts 24/7. Dial 999 in an emergency or visit the contact us section of our website for all reporting options.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now