Dear Sussex Police,
I am aware that companies are selling technologies to law enforcement that allow them to take vast quantities of personal data from cloud-based apps and accounts. You can read more [https://privacyinternational.org/long-re....
I make the following request for documents/information under the Freedom of Information Act:
1. Do you use mobile phone extraction technology that includes cloud analytics / cloud extraction capabilities e.g. Cellebrite UFED Cloud Analyser, Magnet Axiom Cloud or Oxygen Forensics Cloud Extractor
2. Do you have other technologies that allow you to access cloud-based accounts and extract this data.
3. Please provide a copy of the relevant Data Protection Impact Assessment.
4. Please provide a copy of the relevant local and/or national guidance/standard operating procedure/policy.
5. Please confirm the legal basis you rely on to conduct cloud analytics/extraction.
Your Ref: Freedom of Information request - Use of cloud analytics / extraction
Our Ref: FOI 053.20
Contact Name: Roger Brace FOI Officer
Email : [email address]
Contact number: 101 ext 545251
Thank you for your request which was received by Sussex Police.
This request will be dealt with under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and you will receive a response within the statutory timescale of 20 working days as defined by the Act, from the date of receipt. In some circumstances Sussex Police may be unable to achieve this deadline. If this is likely you will be informed and given a revised time-scale at the earliest opportunity.
Some requests may also require either full or partial transference to another public authority in order to answer your query in the fullest possible way. Again, you will be informed if this is the case.
Sussex Police are currently receiving a high volume of FOI requests at a time of reduced staffing levels to process them. Every effort is being made to comply with the statutory 20 working day response deadline but on occasions this may not be possible – we apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.
Sussex Police HQ
Dear Sussex Police,
Please review my request before I refer to the Information Commissioner now the statutory deadline has passed.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now