Dear South Wales Fire Service,
I would be grateful if you would answer the following questions in relation to your Urban Search and Rescue (USAR ) personnel.
1. With the annual firefighter salary at £29.934, What additional payment(s) are given to USAR personnel (ie USAR Technician and USAR Advisor) in your brigade for undertaking training and delivery of the USAR capability ?
2. What on call/recall payments are made to USAR personnel (if additional to above)
3. Do USAR technicians undertake USAR/Technical Rescue only or do they also have full firefighting and CFS responsibilities?
4. How many USAR personnel do you have?
5. Please provide a breakdown of your annual USAR budget and expenditure.
6. Please explain the expected training requirements of USAR personnel.
Dear Sir / Madam
I refer to your e-mail of 14 May 2018 and write to confirm that your request is now being progressed in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000. In line with this legislation, it will be our aim to respond to this request within 20 working days. If for any reason we are unable to progress within this timeframe we will contact you as soon as possible.
In the meantime, should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us. The best way to contact the Freedom of Information team is by e-mail [email address].
Please quote reference number FOI 035_1819 on any correspondence.
Swyddog Gweinyddol / Administrative Officer
Rheoli Gwybodaeth / Information Management
Pencadlys Gwasanaeth Tan ac Achub De Cymru/South Wales Fire & Rescue Service Headquarters
Parc Busnes Forest View/Forest View Business Park
Ffon/Telephone: (01443) 232529
E-bost/E-mail: [email address]