Dear Scottish Fire and Rescue Service,
I would be grateful if you would answer the following questions in relation to your Urban Search and Rescue (USAR ) personnel.
1. With the annual firefighter salary at £29.934, What additional payment(s) are given to USAR personnel (ie USAR Technician and USAR Advisor) in your brigade for undertaking training and delivery of the USAR capability ?
2. What on call/recall payments are made to USAR personnel (if additional to above)
3. Do USAR technicians undertake USAR/Technical Rescue only or do they also have full firefighting and CFS responsibilities?
4. How many USAR personnel do you have?
5. Please provide a breakdown of your annual USAR budget and expenditure.
6. Please explain the expected training requirements of USAR personnel.
Dear Joe McMahon,
Freedom of Information Request
Thank you for your request for information.
Your request will be processed in accordance with Freedom of Information
(Scotland) Act 2002. The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service has 20 working
days in which to provide you with a response.
Please note that this request has been given a unique Reference Number
therefore please ensure that you quote this number in any future
Information Governance Team
Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
Dear Mr McMahon
Please find attached response to your request.
Sharon Reid, Data Protection Officer/Freedom of Information Officer
Scottish Fire & Rescue Service, West Service Delivery Area, Bothwell Road,
Hamilton, ML3 0EA
T: 01698 402627: [email address]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now