Dear University of South Wales,
I am making a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA).
Please, can you provide information pertaining to any data analytics software used by the university using personal data about your students and staff, since 2012?
1. Please list the names of the data analytics systems used by the university using personal data about your students and staff since 2012. For each system, please also indicate usage start date, end date and whether you use this data to perform predictive analytics. (i.e Altryx, Blackboard, Brightspace, Business Intelligence/Open Text, Civitas, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Heidi Plus, IBM, JISC, MATLAB, Minitab, Ms Excel, MSSQL Stack, Cognos, Oracle SIA / BIE, Panopto, Piwik, Power BI, Pyramid, QlikView, SAP Business Object / Business Warehouse, SEATS, SQL Data warehouse, SSRS, Starfish, Stata, Stream / SolutionPath, Tableau, Tribal, USW, etc)
Usage start date:
Usage end date:
Predictive Analytics usage (Yes/No):
(Please provide above information for each system)
2. Please indicate which student and staff’s personal data points you process (i.e Name, Surname, Phone number, Personal email address, Ethnicity, Religion, Gender, Physical and mental health history, etc.)
3. A. Are students and staff provided with a privacy notice about such processing?
3. B. If you replied yes to 3.A, please provide a copy of the privacy notice.
4. Where is student and staff’s personal data stored?
5. What is the data retention period?
6. A. Do you share this data with third parties? With the Data Analytics Software company or other third parties?
6. B. If you answered yes to question 6.A, please provide the name of all third parties.
7. Could you please share the Data Analytics Systems contract terms indicating whether or not the data is being shared with Third Parties?
8. A. Did you carry out a Data Protection Impact Assessment for the Data Analytics Systems used?
8. B. If you answered yes to question 8.A, please provide the Data Protection Impact Assessment document.
Thank you for your consideration.
Defend Digital Me
Dear Ms Rabot
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 - INFORMATION REQUEST
We acknowledge your request for information.
We are considering your request and you should receive the information requested within the statutory timescale of 20 working days. If there are any areas of your request that need to be clarified then we will contact you at the earliest opportunity.
Information Compliance Manager /Rheolwr Cydymffurfio i Wybodaeth
University Secretary's Office/Swyddfa Ysgrifennydd y Brifysgol
University of South Wales/Prifysgol De Cymru
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now