To whom it may concern,
This is a request for information through the Freedom of Information Act.
1. What was the total market value of the university’s investment portfolio(s) on the 31st July 2021? If you are going to provide this information through your Annual Accounts/Financial Statements, please provide the specific page number, section and row that the value can be found on. For example, page 28, section 5 “Investments”, line “overall investment value”.
2. On the 31st July 2021, were the institution's investment portfolio(s) managed directly by the institution, indirectly by [an] external fund manager(s), or a combination of both?
3. If the university uses external fund manager(s) to manage investment portfolios, please provide the name of each fund manager used, along with the percentage of the total investment funds that they were managing on the 31st July 2021.
Please present this information in this format:
Fund manager name -- Percentage of total investment funds managed
Schroders -- 47%
CCLA -- 49%
University -- 4%
4. If the institution invests directly, please provide the details of companies invested in (by way of all investment portfolios), including the full names of each company invested in, and the market value invested in each company on the 31st July 2021. Please provide this information in a spreadsheet format.
5. If the university holds investments through [an] external fund manager(s), please provide the investment portfolio for that manager on the 31st July 2021, including the market value for each company that forms part of your investment portfolio(s) with them. Please provide this information at a company level in a spreadsheet and/or the format that this information is provided to you by your fund manager(s). For example, see here: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1...
6. Does the institution have an ethical investment policy, or similar? If so, please state if it is publicly-available, and provide a web link.
If applicable, in response to any of the above information requested, please confirm that the University does not hold this information.
Please confirm receipt of this request and we look forward to hearing back from you within the next 20 working days.
Thank you for your email.
Please accept this automated email as acknowledgement of receipt for any
requests made under the acts or regulations listed below. All other
enquiries will be responded to in due course.
* Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002;
* Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004;
* Data Protection Act 2018.
Further information about timescales for responding to requests for
information and your rights under Scottish legislation can be found on the
Office of the Scottish Information Commissioner's (OSIC) website.
Further information about data subject access requests, and other requests
relating to the Data Protection Act 2018, can be found on the
Information Commissioners Office (ICO) website.
Division of Governance and Quality Enhancement
Queen Margaret University
Musselburgh, East Lothian, EH21 6UU
This message and its attachment(s) are intended for the addressee(s) only
and should not be read, copied, disclosed, forwarded or relied upon by any
person other than the intended addressee(s) without the permission of the
sender. If you are not the intended addressee, you must not take any
action based on this message and its attachment(s) nor must you copy or
show them to anyone. If you have received this email in error, please
inform the sender immediately and delete all copies of it.
It is your responsibility to ensure that this message and its
attachment(s) are scanned for viruses or other defects. Queen Margaret
University does not accept liability for any loss or damage which may
result from this message or its attachment(s), or for errors or omissions
arising after it was sent. Email is not a secure medium. Email traffic
entering Queen Margaret University's system is subject to routine
monitoring and filtering by Queen Margaret University.
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh is a registered charity: Scottish
Charity Number SC002750.
Please find the University's response to your request for information attached.
Queen Margaret University
East Lothian, EH21 6UU
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now