Dear Department for Work and Pensions,
Can you confirm that Universal Jobmatch will be mandatory for anyone on Jobseekers Allowance through:
1) Registration being made mandatory via an inclusion in a Jobseekers Agreement. 
2) Registration being made mandatory via a Jobcentre Adviser issuing a Jobseekers Direction. 
3) Registration being made mandatory via a Work Programme/Welfare to Work provider issuing a Mandatory Activity Notification  to register on Universal Jobmatch.
4) Registration being mandatory for anyone/everyone/all on Jobseekers Allowance based upon the Welfare
for Reform Act Section 17:
5) Registration being mandatory when a Jobcentre Adviser or Work Programme/Welfare to Work provider directs a Jobseekers Allowance Jobseeker to apply for a specific job only advertised/listed on Universal Jobmatch, as a Jobseekers Direction or a Mandatory Activity Notification.
Mr E Walsh
 What is the ‘jobseeker’s agreement’?
To get Jobseeker’s Allowance you must
have a jobseeker’s agreement. This will set
out the things you’ve agreed to do to find
work. You must meet regularly with a
Jobcentre Plus adviser to show that you’re
able to start work and looking for a job,
and for us to check progress against your
 Compulsory steps to find work - Jobseeker’s directions
 Mandating participants to undertake activity
Work Programme Provider Guidance
This is an automated confirmation that your request for information has
been accepted by the DWP FoI mailbox.
By the next working day your request will be forwarded to the relevant
information owner within the Department who will respond to you direct.
If your email is a Freedom of Information request you can normally
expect a response within 20 working days.
Should you have any further queries in connection with this request do
please contact us.
For further information on the Freedom of Information Act within DWP
please click on the link below.
Dear Mr E Walsh
Please see attached response to your FoI request.
DWP Central FoI Team