Dear Department for Work and Pensions,
1. Is the use of the Universal Jobmatch website compulsory for people on JSA or any other benefits?
2. If a jobseeker declines to use Universal Jobmatch will it affect their benefits and if so which benefits will be affected?
3. If a jobseeker has evidence of job search activity will they recieve a sanction for not using Universal Jobmatch?
4. Do Jobcenterplus/DWP have access to individual Universal Jobmatch accounts? If so what infomation on an individuals account will be accessible?
5. Which company has developed the software for Universal Jobmatch?
6. Will job seekers have to apply for all jobs that are matched to their Universal Jobmatch account?
7. What information do the web cookies collect during the use of Universal Jobmatch and how long do they stay on a computer?
8. If a job seeker receives a jobseekers direction to sign up to Universal Jobmatch will the jobseeker receive a sanction for declining?
9. Is the use of a redacted CV with no personal information acceptable?
10. How much money has Universal Jobmatch cost to implement?
This is an automated confirmation that your request for information has
been accepted by the DWP FoI mailbox.
By the next working day your request will be forwarded to the relevant
information owner within the Department who will respond to you direct.
If your email is a Freedom of Information request you can normally
expect a response within 20 working days.
Should you have any further queries in connection with this request do
please contact us.
For further information on the Freedom of Information Act within DWP
please click on the link below.
Please find attached the response to your Freedom of Information Request -
<<FOI 4574 Response PDF.pdf>>
DWP Digitalisation Programme Support