Universal Credit appeals guidance

Dan Manville made this Freedom of Information request to Department for Work and Pensions

This request has been closed to new correspondence. Contact us if you think it should be reopened.

The request was successful.

Dear Department for Work and Pensions,

I would like copies of any guidance and process documents pertaining to how a Universal Credit claim is managed once a Tribunal overturns a decision refusing Universal Credit.

I am particularly interested in when a Case Manager should be allocated to the case, but would like to understand the entire process.

Yours faithfully,

Dan Manville

DWP freedom-of-information-requests, Department for Work and Pensions

This is an automated confirmation that your request for information has
been accepted by the DWP FoI mailbox.
By the next working day your request will be forwarded to the relevant
information owner within the Department who will respond to you direct. 
If your email is a Freedom of Information request you can normally
expect a response within 20 working days.
Email FOI responses will be issued from [1][email address]
We recommend that you add this address to your email contacts otherwise
the response may be treated as Spam or Junk mail.  
Should you have any further queries in connection with this request do
please contact us.

show quoted sections


Visible links
1. mailto:[email address]
2. http://www.gov.uk/dwp

no-reply@dwp.ecase.co.uk on behalf of DWP Strategy Freedom of Information, Department for Work and Pensions

1 Attachment

Dear Dan Manville,

I am writing in response to your request for information, received 12th

Yours sincerely,

DWP Central FoI Team

S. Gwilliam left an annotation ()

I note that they have very (un)helpfully sent you a link to the DMG which is for legacy (historic?) benefits and not for UC.

Could it be that the ADM does not cover appeals?

Dan Manville left an annotation ()

To be honest the discussion of the process in the reply addressed my enquiry; I needed to know how the activities are passed from the DRT to the local service centres. I hadn't looked at the links.

I would, however, expect something from the Common Appeals Procedure Guidance...