Unexplained Fractures in Babies
B McKenzie made this Freedom of Information request to Leicestershire County and Rutland Primary Care Trust (PCT)
The request was successful.
Dear Leicestershire County and Rutland Primary Care Trust (PCT),
Please could you provide all statistical data you hold broken down year by year, in relation to admissions due to fractures in babies, going back from 2011 to whatever date is reasonable.
I am particularly interested in
1. The age of the child at the time of injury.
2. Name of the Hospital
3. Whether the Fractures had an organic explanation. (If so what was the cause eg. Brittle bones, Vitamin D deficiency etc)
4. Whether the Fractures were recorded as non accidental.
5. Whether police were informed.
6. Whether the child was adopted (records show child's change of name and parent).
7. Whether the child died from the injuries.
8. Whether Social Services were informed.
I appreciate that it may not be possible to provide all the above listed information however I would be grateful to receive whatever information you have available and signposting towards other organisations who may hold the relevant data.
I am currently off sick although there may be times when I have some access to emails. Please note - my usual working days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Thanks - Janice Hopkins. If you need to speak or contact someone urgently during this period please contact Daljit Kaur Bains on 0116 295 8486. Please note - FOI requests will NOT be actioned from this mailbox, please forward ALL FOI requests via the PCT website.
Sent request to Leicestershire County and Rutland Primary Care Trust (PCT) again, using a new contact address.
With further reference to your request below, please find attached a copy of the final response letter responded to on the 17 October 2011 along with a copy of the final response email for reference.
If you require anything further, please do not hesitate to make contact with me.
FOI Officer, Corporate Governance