Dear Southwark Borough Council,
The operation of transport using a motor vehicle on a road with a gross vehicle mass (weight) of over 3,500 Kg (3.5 tons) that has a ‘hire and reward’ element requires that the work is carried out under the authority granted by an ‘Operators Licence’. This also applies to contracted out services where the legal undertaking of the Council is done under a contract.
Please answer for both ‘Goods’ and ‘Passenger’ operations
1) Who is the Transport Manager(s) for any Council service (including contracted out services) ?
2) Please list the operator’s licence number(s)
3) Please define the number of vehicles authorised as listed on the Operator’s Licence(s)
4) Please define the type(s) of operations i.e. Refuse Collections that are carried out under the Operator’s licence(s) listed above
One of the Legal Undertakings made by the Transport Manager to the Traffic Commissioner relates to vehicle maintenance.
5) Please list for each Operator’s licence;
a) The maintenance inspection interval as notified on the application for the Operator’s Licence
b) Where is the maintenance conducted? i.e. in-house workshop
The Vehicle Operators Standards Agency (VOSA) uses the Operator Compliance Risk Score (OCRS) to monitor Operator’s compliance for both Roadworthiness and Traffic Enforcement.
6) Please list both elements of the OCRS score, for each Operators Licence as of the date this FOI is received.
7) For each Operator’s licence, define the ‘First Time’ pass rate, and the ‘Final Pass Rate’ as provided by VOSA for vehicles presented for class 6 annual tests, as of the month preceding this FOI request.
8) For each Operator’s licence please list which VOSA testing station / Authorised Test Facility (ATF) the class 6 vehicles are presented to.
Dear Southwark Borough Council,
Please pass this on to the person who conducts Freedom of Information reviews.
I am writing to request an internal review of Southwark Borough Council's handling of my FOI request 'Transport Operators Licence'.
Response to this request is long overdue
A full history of my FOI request and all correspondence is available on the Internet at this address:
Dear Mr Schmitt
Please find attached the council's response to your request for an
internal review.on this matter.
<<Response to internal review IM letter 20130710 _final_.pdf>>
Senior Lawyer (Governance)
Finance and Corporate Services
Tel: 020 7525 3441
Email: [email address]
Southwark Council, 2nd floor, PO Box 64529, London, SE1P 5LX
Southwark Council, 160 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2TZ
The email you received and any files transmitted with it are confidential,
may be covered by legal and/or professional privilege and are intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this in error please notify us immediately. If you
are not the intended recipient of the email or the person responsible for
delivering it to them you may not copy it, forward it or otherwise use it
for any purpose or disclose its contents to any other person. To do so may
be unlawful. Where opinions are expressed in the email they are not
necessarily those of Southwark Council and Southwark Council is not
responsible for any changes made to the message after it has been sent.