Dear Newcastle upon Tyne City Council,
I would like to make a request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
1. What is the breakdown/number of all translation and interpretation services per language including spend per annum for your organisation (for the last 3 financial years).
2. Do you currently offer a translation and/or interpreting service (inhouse)? If not, who is your current supplier for language services?
a. who is the person/service responsible for interpreting and translation services within your organisation? Please provide contact details and job title.
b. what system do you use to deliver this service?
c. do you provide your services in-house (throughout the organisation?)
d. do you provide services external to the organisation?
e. How much do you charge for your services?
3. If you do offer an in-house service, do you offer:
- face to face interpreting services (including BSL)
- telephone interpreting services
- written translation services
4. Do you use in-house casual interpreters/translations to deliver the service?
5. Do you use in-house permanent/fixed term interpreters/translators to deliver the service?
6. Do you use language providers to deliver the service?
Reference: FOI 12620
Thank you for your request for information. We are dealing with it under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
We have passed your request to relevant colleagues who will respond within 20 working days starting the working day after receipt of your request.
Freedom of Information Team