Dear Caerphilly County Borough Council,
Please find below an FOI request relating to the trafficking of children and their subsequent care.
Unseen is providing safe accommodation for potentially trafficked foreign migrant children. The service has been developed with local authority, police and governmental partners and is Ofsted registered. Through running this service we have become aware of some systemic barriers that fundamentally prevent children from accessing the care and protection they need.
We would like to know, for each local authority in the UK:
1. How many potentially trafficked children you have identified in the last 12 months?
2. How many of these children have been non-UK Nationals?
3. Of the children identified what type of care placements have been sought? (foster care, secure, supported accommodation, children’s home, living independently)
4. How many children in this cohort have subsequently a) remained in their original placement b) moved to a different placement c) gone missing short-term (72 hours or less) or d) gone missing long-term (over 72 hours)?
This information is being requested from each Local Authority area in the UK.
Thank you for your recent FOI / EIR request. Please find attached an
acknowledgement for this request.
Please see attached, the response in relation to your recent freedom of
Swyddog Cwynion a Gwybodaeth Gwasanaethau Cymdeithasol | Social Services
Complaints & Information Officer
Cyngor Bwrdeistref Sirol Caerffili | Caerphilly County Borough Council
Porwch ein gwefan | Browse our www.caerffili.gov.uk |
Hoffwch ni ar Facebook | Like us on www.facebook.com/yourcaerphilly
Dilynwch ni ar Twitter | Follow us twitter.com/caerphillycbc
Gwyliwch ein Sianel YouTube | Watch www.youtube.com/caerphillycbctv
our YouTube Channel
Edrychwch ar ein horiel lluniau ar www.flickr.com/photos/caerphillycbc
Flickr | View our photo galleries
1. http://www.caerffili.gov.uk/Please press CTRL+Click to open link
2. http://www.caerffili.gov.uk/Please press CTRL+Click to open link
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now