Dear Norwich City Council,
Please find below an FOI request relating to the trafficking of children and their subsequent care.
Unseen piloted safe accommodation for potentially trafficked foreign migrant children. The service was developed with local authority, police and governmental partners and was Ofsted registered. Through running this service we became aware of some systemic barriers that fundamentally prevent children from accessing the care and protection they need.
We would like to know, for each local authority in the UK:
1. How many potentially trafficked children you have identified in the last 12 months?
2. How many of these children have been non-UK Nationals?
3. Of the children identified what type of care placements have been sought? (foster care, secure, supported accommodation, children’s home, living independently)
4. How many children in this cohort have subsequently a) remained in their original placement b) moved to a different placement c) gone missing short-term (72 hours or less) or d) gone missing long-term (over 72 hours)?
This information is being requested from each Local Authority area in the UK.
Thank you for contacting us.
Please visit our website at www.norwich.gov.uk to access information
and services including online applications for our most commonly used
forms. You can also send us your comments, compliments or complaints
Freedom of Information Act requests
In accordance with the act we will respond to enquiries within 20 working
You can also contact us in the following ways:
* 0344 980 3333 (general enquiries)
* 24 hour telephone payments – 0800 021 7784
* For 24 hour online payments, click here
Information for customers who use the ‘Read receipt’ function
Emails sent to our mailboxes are automatically picked up by our systems,
forwarded on to the relevant departments, and then automatically deleted.
As a result, any read receipt you request will inform you that your
message has been deleted without being read.
This is not correct, and your email will be read and responded to as
Norwich City Council
4th February 2019
Your reference :
Our reference : PN7480597
(please quote this reference when contacting us)
Freedom of Information request - information not held
Thank you for your request under the Freedom of Information Act, 2000.
Unfortunately trafficking of children and their subsequent care is not the
responsibility of Norwich City Council.
Please redirect your query to Norfolk County Council. You find more
information about how to raise an FOI with them by visiting
Norwich City Council
Tel: 0344 980 3333
Email: [Norwich City Council request email]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now