Dear City of York Council,
I would like to enquire about traffic restrictions on Piccadilly, under the Freedom of Information Act 2000:
1. Please provide a copy of the traffic regulation order which relates to the 'no motor vehicles, except for access' sign at the junction of Piccadilly and Merchantgate (seen here: https://goo.gl/maps/F464zpuQzts).
2. Please provide copies of any other traffic regulation orders which relate to Piccadilly, York.
3. When was the 'no motor vehicles, except for access' sign at the junction of Piccadilly and Merchantgate erected, and under what authority?
4. Could the council confirm whether or not the sign at the junction of Piccadilly and Merchantgate (and relevant traffic regulation orders) intends to restrict vehicular access in the following scenarios:
- a) Access to Piccadilly car park on Sundays (i.e. when there are no vehicular restrictions on The Stonebow)
- b) Access to Pavement on weekdays (between 8am-6pm), to drop off and pick up passengers.
- c) Access to Fossgate for loading on weekdays (between 8am-6pm).
Thank you for your email. Please note this is an automatically generated receipt to let you know we have received your email.
For information :
* The timescale for responding to Freedom of Information Act (FOI) and Environmental Information Regulation (EIR) requests is up to 20 working days. We will contact you promptly if we need you to clarify your request or an extension to complete a public interest test.
* The timescale for responding to requests for personal information under the Data Protection Act (DPA) subject access to records is 40 calendar days. We will contact you promptly if we require further information from you.
* The timescale for responding to requests for a review is up to 15 working days. You are also able to contact the Information Commissioner, contact details below:
Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House Water Lane
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number
Fax: 01625 524 510
Or email: [email address]<mailto:[email address]> (please include your telephone number)
Customer Feedback Team
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Help protect the environment! - please don't print this email unless you really need to.
Dear [Name Removed],
In response to your recent enquiry about traffic restrictions on
I have attached extracts of The York Traffic Management Order 2014 (which
relates to the ‘no motor vehicles, except for access’) and The York
Parking, Stopping & Waiting Order 2014 (which relates to any other Traffic
Regulation Order for Piccadilly).
I am unsure on the exact date that the signage was erected, although,
there have been restrictions on Piccadilly since the 1980’s. The current
traffic regulation order which relates to the access restriction was made
under the authority of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
The Traffic Regulation Order and signage at the junction of
Piccadilly/Merchantgate does not intend to restrict vehicular access in
any of the scenarios listed in your original enquiry.
If you are dissatisfied with our response you have the right to ask for a
review of how your enquiry was handled and responded to. This can be
done by contacting us through [City of York Council request email] stating your reason(s)
why you are dissatisfied, and we will pass this to the information
governance team who deal with all reviews of how we have dealt with FOI
enquiries. If after they complete their investigation and reply to you
with their findings, you still remain dissatisfied you can contact the
Information Commissioner, contact details below:
Tel: 08456 306060 or 01625 545745
Email: [email address]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now