Dear Competition Commission,
Under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act, I wish to make a request for the following information from the Competition Commission:
1. Is the Competition Commission currently paying any money to any trade union?
2. Hasthe Competition Commission paid any money to trade unions since 1997?
3. If so, in what form has the Competition Commission funded, or is funding, trade unions?
4. Which trade unions have received or are receiving funding from the Competition Commission?
5. How much money has been paid to each of these trade unions and when was the money paid?
6. How much money does the Competition Commission expect to give each trade union this year?
7. Does the Competition Commission plan to continue funding trade unions at the same level?
Dear Ms Blackmann,
Thank you for your request of 10 February 2011 for information about the Competition Commission (CC) in relation to Trade Unions.
I can confirm that the answer to each of your questions is no or not applicable as the CC does not give any money to any Trade Unions, routinely or as individual payments, and it has not done so in the past and has no intentions to do so in the future.
There are members of CC staff who belong to Trade Unions but each individual pays for his/her own membership, no contributions are made by the CC.
If you are unhappy with the way the Competition Commission has handled your request, you may ask for an internal review. You should contact the Chief Executive if you wish to make a complaint, [either by e-mail at [email address]], or by post to the following address:
The Chief Executive
Victoria House, Southampton Row
London, WC1B 4AD
If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
I hope this answers your questions in full, please feel free to contact me if you wish for further clarification.
Planning and Policy Assistant
Competition Commission | Victoria House, Southampton Row, London, WC1B 4AD
T: 020 7271 0209 | F: 020 7271 0203
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now