Dear Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust,
Under the FOI Act please provide me with the following information:-
1) A copy of the Privacy Impact Assessment (or Data Protection Impact Assessment, under the GDPR) that was undertaken with regards to the tracking of patients, staff and equipment at your hospital.
2) Outcomes of any public or staff consultations around the use of this tagging system.
3) A copy of any consent forms or similar recording mechanism with regards to asking patients to wear the tags/wristbands.
4) A copy of any privacy notices either given to patients or staff about the tracking, or posted around the hospital.
5) Any policies or procedures that may relate to the use of tracking information with regards to either patients or staff.
Thank you for your recent Freedom of Information request. Freedom of information only applies to corporate information; this e-mail confirms receipt of your request for this type of information only.
Under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act we will expect to respond to this request in 20 working days. However we are now investigating the nature of the search and the quantity of information requested. If there is a cost involved in collecting the information then we will suspend the period for response until such time as we receive your payment. We will advise you of any such costs.
In accordance with section 12 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 where multiple requests for information are received from one person or by different persons who appear to be acting in together in a single campaign the estimated cost of complying with any of the requests is to be taken to be the estimated total cost of complying with all of them. To this effect your requests for information will be dealt with under the single reference number above.
There are also a number of exemptions which the Act permits with respect to releasing information. The information will be assessed for these exemptions prior to us releasing the information to you. We will advise you if we are unable to provide the information requested.
Please note that a significant amount of information is also available via our Publication Scheme which can be accessed via the Trust’s website www.coch.nhs.uk and one of its benefits is that it makes information easily accessible and without charge.
Freedom of Information Officer
Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Dear FOI, Enquiries (COUNTESS OF CHESTER HOSPITAL NHS FOUNDATION TRUST),
My request is overdue. Are you able to give me a date by which you will respond please?
Please see below and attached for the response to your recent Freedom of Information request.
1. See attached Trust Privacy Impact Assessment as requested. Please note the PIA is being reviewed on an ongoing basis as the Trust proceed through implementation. If any new issues arise these are considered and if necessary the PIA is updated and discussed at the Trusts Information and Caldicott Panel.
2. All consultation and update meetings across the Trust are included in the Privacy Impact Assessment but also attached separately.
3. A Patient Badging Standard Operating Procedure is in place (see attached). Explicit consent from the patient is obtained and recorded as part of our clinical system and is referenced within the attached Privacy Impact Assessment. See attached patient information leaflet that is provided to patients.
4. The Trust overarching Privacy Notice is currently under review to ensure GDPR compliance and will include this system within it.
5. See attached ratified Trust Policy to support staff in relation to the new system. All other information noted previously and in the PIA.
Freedom of Information Officer,
Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now