Dear Council of the Isles of Scilly,
I am seeking information about the value of the local authority pension fund’s investment in tobacco shares and bonds, as well as the income from those investments. Please provide whatever answers you can to the following.
1. What is the most recent available value of the local authority's pension fund?
2. What is the value of the fund’s directly-held investment in shares or bonds of the following companies: British American Tobacco, Imperial Brands, Japan Tobacco International, Altria Group Inc, Philip Morris International, Universal Corp, Alliance One International?
3. What is the total combined value of the fund’s directly-held investments in the companies named above?
4. What income did the fund receive from these investments in the last 12-month period for which records are available?
5. Does the fund have any other investments in tobacco via pooled investments? What is the value of these?
6. What is the local authority’s annual spend on smoking-related illness?
7. Please supply the number of deaths attributable to smoking in the local authority areas covered by your pension fund. Your Director of Public Health or equivalent should be able to supply this figure.
If you require clarification on any of the above questions, please get in touch on 0203 353 3616, or 07415154041 or email me at [email address]
Dear Mr Davies
I am sorry for the delay in replying to your Freedom of Information request.
The Council of the Isles of Scilly is an employer in the Cornwall Pension Fund.
Please refer to the attached response that you have already received from Cornwall Council.
Assistant: Democratic Services & Corporate Development
Council of the Isles of Scilly, Town Hall, St Mary’s, Isles of Scilly, TR21 0LW
Direct line: 01720 424543 | Reception: 0300 1234 105 | [email address]
The Council of the Isles of Scilly will retain personal information relating to this correspondence for no more than two years.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now