We don't know whether the most recent response to this request contains information or not – if you are Guru Kiran please sign in and let everyone know.

Tier 2 General Visa dependent assessing continuous residence UK

Guru Kiran made this Freedom of Information request to Home Office

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

We're waiting for Guru Kiran to read a recent response and update the status.

Dear Home Office,
My wife is currently on Tier 2 general Dependent visa and she is eligible for ILR in September 2019 via the 5 years dependent route. She was granted the visa in Sept 2014 and renewed in Feb 2017 and is valid till December 2019.

Currently she is spending time in India due to personal reason and she plans to spent some more time there. I will be thankful if you can let me know if, when assessing for continuous residence for application of ILR will the days absent from the UK for a period of 180 days be applicable to Tier 2 General dependent visa holder?

Yours faithfully,

UK Visas and Immigration,

Dear Kiran,
Thank you for your enquiry dated the 5th August regarding ILR.
We are unable to advise on settlement applications.
Please use the link below to find out if you can apply for settlement
(also called ‘indefinite leave to remain’) in the UK:
If you need any further help or assistance you would need to contact an
independent immigration adviser.
Please note the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they
satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance
material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visas and
Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of
any such application prior to it being given full and careful
Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you.
If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration
advice. Immigration advisers can help you with immigration matters,
including completion of forms and representing you at a tribunal. The
Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates
immigration advisers, which mean they must meet certain standards.
Please see the below link to find an immigration adviser:
Yours Faithfully
Julie Jones
UK Visa and Immigration



UKVI Contact Centre

Website: [3]www.gov.uk/home-office


Please note that we cannot provide case specific advice or pre-assess an
application but we can provide information and support you through
signposting and website navigation. If you require more specific advise
then please speak to a qualified immigration advisor


Visible links
1. Click to follow link: https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk
2. Click to follow link: https://www.gov.uk/find-an-immigration-a...
3. http://www.gov.uk/home-office

We don't know whether the most recent response to this request contains information or not – if you are Guru Kiran please sign in and let everyone know.