Dear Home Office,
I need some information for knowing the criteria for getting ILR after 5 years of Tier 2 General visa. I just need to know that if sponsor company made an administrative error and issue p45 from sponsored company and mistakenly add employee into child company which does not have any Tier 2 General sponsorship. Further, employee get 6 months salary from that child company and after that original sponsor company came to know about this administrative mistake and move the employee back to initial sponsor company. Sponsor company is also willing to provide letter with ILR application that it was administrative error and they will assist further home office if they require any further information regarding this administrative error for moving mistakenly employee to child company for 6 months and then moving back when came to know.

I need information from home office based on freedom of information that does Tier 2 General migrant will get ILR with administrative error letter from sponsor company or application would get refuse on some basis.

Yours faithfully,

Benish Sabir

FOI Requests, Home Office

Dear Benish Sabir,

Please be aware that we have decided to handle your correspondence of 05 April 2018 outside the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act. This is because it does not meet the criteria for a Freedom of Information request, as it does not ask for recorded information.

Below is a link to the ICO guidance for the criteria for valid requests under the Act:

We will provide an answer to your query, but it will be answer outside of the provisions of the Act.  You should expect to receive a response in due course.

M. Hassan
FoI Requests
Home Office

show quoted sections

UK Visas and Immigration,

Dear Benish Sabir,

Thank you for your enquiry dated 5th April regarding Tier 2 General
qualifying for ILR.

We are unable to advise on settlement applications.
Please use the link below to find out if you can apply for settlement
(also called ‘indefinite leave to remain’) in the UK:
Please note the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they
satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance
material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visas and
Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of
any such application prior to it being given full and careful

Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you.
If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration
advice. Immigration advisers can help you with immigration matters,
including completion of forms and representing you at a tribunal. The
Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates
immigration advisers, which mean they must meet certain standards.

Please see the below link to find an immigration adviser:


Yours faithfully,

Claire Burdon.

UK Visas and Immigration.



UKVI Contact Centre

Website: [3]




Visible links
1. Click to follow link:
2. Click to follow link:

Looking for an EU Authority?

You can request documents directly from EU Institutions at our sister site . Find out more .