Dear Sir John Soane’s Museum,
Hello. I would very much like, under the Freedom of Information, to ask you the following, please:
1. How many artefacts or items of historical interest were stolen from your museum in the years 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2010? Can the items be listed for each year in an excel spreadsheet (for this request and for all requests below)?
2. Of the thefts listed above, year for year, how many were perpetrated by members of your own staff?
3. How many other thefts occurred and were recorded in these years (e.g. visitor bags stolen, wallets etc.) can the quantity be included and the total categories (i.e. visitor theft) where known?
4. If known, how many times in the above years was there police involvement - and were there arrests made following such thefts?
5. How much money, in the above years (year by year breakdown) a. were claimed for and b. received money for in insurance claims for thefts in your museum.
I would be grateful for answers to all of the above questions. However, I appreciate that the data might be hard to collate and so I ask you to spend the allocated time under FOI to search for each question in terms of priority and only to move to the next question if time still permits under the FOI stipulation.
I hope that all of this is clear and no further explaining is required.
I am away from the Museum until Monday lunchtime and will respond to your
message on my return.
Inspired by Soane: I found this and thought of you...
19 May - 6 June 2015 at Sir John Soane's Soane's Museum
13 Lincoln's Inn Fields
London, WC2A 3BP
Keep in Touch
Sign up for our e-newsletter | Like us on Facebook
/SirJohnSoanesMuseum | Follow us on Twitter @SoaneMuseum
Entry to the Museum is free. Read our Annual Review
This email is from Sir John Soane's Museum, Registered Charity No.313609.
This email and any attachments may contain confidential information and/or
copyright material. This email is intended for the use of the addressee
only. Any unauthorised use may be unlawful. If you receive this email by
mistake, please advise the sender immediately by using the reply facility
in your email software and then delete the message. Email sent to Sir John
Soane's Museum may be monitored in line with current legislation and good
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now