Letter 2 - 2015
Dear Ashford Borough Council,
In accordance with The Freedom Of Information Act  I am requesting the following Information:
For clarity, in all requests, if the response to a specific question is ‘one case’ or ‘two cases, please respond with ‘fewer than three cases’. If the response to a specific question is ‘zero cases’, please say so.
• How many individual referrals to Children’s Social Care Services were made in your Local Authority, involving suspected Fabricated and Induced Illness (FII) and/or Muchausens By Proxy Syndrome (MBPS) in 2015?
• In those referrals involving suspected FII or MBPS in 2015, how are they defined to be genuine cases of FII or MBPS?
• Please provide a breakdown of the overall number of these referrals involving suspected FII or MBPS in 2015, by the type of organisation that made the initial referral, as shown in the table. For the NHS and Local Authority categories, please break down by clinic/department (add rows as required).
Type of Organisation
Clinic or Department
Number of referrals on Grounds of FII or MBPS
Schools (please do not identify individual schools).
Other (Please describe type of organisation in this case)
• In how many of these referrals involving suspected FII or MBPS in 2015 were, children removed form families and placed for adoption? How many were returned to families? Please specify a figure for each question.
• In each of these referrals were suspected FII or MBPS was not substantiated. How many of these cases were, closed completely with records amended to reflect no FII or MBPS? How many were subject to on-going monitoring? Please specify a figure for each question please.
I look forward to receiving a response to this request within 20 working days from receipt as per section 10 of The Freedom Of Information Act .
Mrs C Emery
Thank you for submitting a Freedom of Information request. Your email will
be processed by the Freedom of Information and Data Protection team.
We endeavour to respond to all Freedom of Information requests within 20
working days. If we require anything further from you we will be in
Freedom of Information Team
Ashford Borough Council
Dear Mrs C Emery
Thank you for your recent Freedom of Information request.
Unfortunately we are unable to respond because:
Children's Social Care services falls outside our jurisdiction.
Please contact Kent County Council who will be able to answer your request. Their details are:
Information Resilience and Transparency Team
Kent County Council
Room 2.71, Sessions House
08458 247 247 (for enquiries only - formal requests for information must be made in writing, either by email, fax or letter)
Ashford Borough Council
[Insert your disclaimer here]