The initial report on the Glebe Mines, Stony Middleton, Derbyshire dam failure 2007 and details of the subsequent prosecution.

Response to this request is long overdue. By law, under all circumstances, Health and Safety Executive should have responded by now (details). You can complain by requesting an internal review.

Dear Health and Safety Executive,

I understand that following the two dam failures at the Glebe Mine property Stony Middleton, Derbyshire in 2007 the H & SE conducted an investigation. I also understand that the report concluded that these were an accident. May I have a copy of this report(s) please?

I also understand that a year or two later the H & SE did prosecute Glebe Mining over their poor maintenance of the dam. May I have a copy of this report(s) and any subsequent actions too please?

In an effort to help you expeditiously find this information I understand that the officer who dealt with these matters was a Mr Clive Brookes .

Thank you for your help and please do note that it is just report copies for which I am asking. I do hope that this request will be comparatively easy for you to process.

Yours faithfully,

David Knight

Health and Safety Executive

Thank you for emailing the Health and Safety Executive. This is an automatic acknowledgement to tell you we have received your email.

Please note this email account is for the submitting of FOI requests via the 'whatdotheyknow' website only. For all other FOIs requests please refer to

HSE publishes a comprehensive range of information and guidance on our website. You can find out what the health and safety law requires by searching under the relevant topic or industry section, and all of our publications are free to download. HSE does not operate a telephone helpline for general health and safety information. If you need to engage the services of a health and safety consultant, you may wish to visit the Occupational Safety and Health Consultants Register (OSHCR).

If your email is a request for advice, please visit

If your email is about a concern, please visit

If you wish to report an incident, please visit

Thank you for contacting the Health and Safety Executive.

Health and Safety Executive

Field Operations Directorate
Central Division - Nottingham Office
Kingsley Dunham Centre
NG12 5GG
Tel: 0115 937 7500
Fax: 0115 937 7501
E:mail: [email address]

Date 15 October 2014
Our Ref: 2014100016

Dear Mr Knight

Environmental Information Regulations Request Reference No: 2014100016

Further to your request for information, which was received on 23 September 2014 by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), I am writing to let you know that the time limit for a response needs to be extended.

Although the Regulations normally require us to send a response within twenty working days, it is sometimes necessary to extend this limit in certain circumstances.

In this case, we will need to extend the response deadline by a further twenty working days because of the need to consult with the investigating inspector who is currently not available.

I hope to let you have a response by 17 November 2014 and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience this delay may cause. In the meantime, if you have any queries about this email``, please contact me quoting the reference number above.

If you are unhappy with the decisions made in relation to your request you may ask for an internal review by writing to me at the Nottingham Office address within two calendar months from the date of this letter.

If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:

The Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane
Tel: 01625 545700
Fax: 01625 524510
Email: [email address]

Yours sincerely

P Roome (Mrs)
FOI Officer

show quoted sections

Health and Safety Executive

1 Attachment

Dear Mr Knight

Please see attached response to your request.


P Roome (Mrs)
FOI Case Officer

show quoted sections

Looking for an EU Authority?

You can request documents directly from EU Institutions at our sister site . Find out more .