Dear 2Gether NHS Foundation Trust,
I have been in contact with the ICO and understand what exemptions to FOI requests exist. In respect of this request the ICO did not see any reason why it would not be answered unless it met the criteria that:
• ‘It would cost too much or take too much staff time to deal with the request.’
As part of your commitment to improve outcomes for service users I anticipate that this information will be easily accessible and I therefore hope that my request will not be subject to exemption.
Please supply the MH diagnosis of service users who have died through suicide/suspected suicide whilst under your Trust, applying the following criteria:
• Concluded inquests from January 2010 to date.
• The primary and secondary (if applicable) MH diagnosis of the service user at the time of their death.
• To include all inquest verdicts, i.e. suicide, open, narrative and other.
In the event this information is not accessible and you believe it ‘would cost too much or take too much staff time to deal with the request’:
• Please explain why this data is not readily available.
• Please supply as much information as you can within the FOI cost parameters working backwards, i.e. the most recent deaths (where the inquest has been concluded) first.
Thank you for your assistance with this matter.
Thank you for your Freedom of Information request. Please note that this
is an automated response. This email address is only monitored during
normal working hours of Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
The Trust will reply to all requests within 20 working days, however, if
for any reason we are unable to do so we will notify you immediately. If a
fee is payable for the information you have requested, we will tell you
what that fee is. We cannot provide any information until any applicable
fee is received.
Need Help Now?
If your enquiry is urgent and relates to the care and treatment of you, a
family member, relative or friend, then please take action as follows:
· Please contact your health care professional or team without delay, if
you are receiving care or treatment from the Trust.
· Speak with your GP or Out of Hours GP (111), if you are not receiving
treatment from the Trust.
· ^2gether Let’s Talk professionals are also available by calling 0800
073 2200 in Gloucestershire and Herefordshire, between 9.00 am and 5:00 pm
Monday to Friday. In addition, you may wish to have a look at our Let’s
Talk pages on the Internet: http://www.talk2gether.nhs.uk/
· If you are experiencing feelings of distress or despair, you can
contact The Samaritans, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling 116 123
(UK). You can also visit http://www.samaritans.org
· If you need an emergency service such as an ambulance, please dial 999.
If you have any queries or concerns in the meantime, please do not
hesitate to contact me. We would like to take this opportunity to thank
you for your interest in ^2gether NHS Foundation Trust.
Dear Ms Doran
Thank you for your Freedom of Information request. Please find the Trust’s response attached.
Assistant Trust Secretary
2gether NHS Foundation Trust
T: 01452 894165
E: [email address]