The cost policing of fracking and fossil fuel extraction/exploration activities in your constabulary
Dear Thames Valley Police,
I am writing on behalf of the Office of Keith Taylor MEP; I would like to make the following updated request relating to the cost of policing of any fracking, oil and/or gas drilling/exploration protests and opposition in your constabulary in the last five years - 12 months if you deem five years to be too burdensome, cost-wise.
The questions should follow logically and should not prove too burdensome to answer. I have tried to be as clear as possible, but please let me know at the earliest possible opportunity if you require any clarifications.
I am requesting all of the information in digital form, an excel file for data is preferred to graphs and tables embedded within pdf files.
Can you please provide the answers to the following questions, in every case I am asking for details within the last five years and by 'drilling' I mean shale gas exploration, conventional and unconventional oil and gas drilling:
1. Have there been any licences granted for drilling in your constabulary?
2. Have there been any licences granted for drilling in your constabulary that has required your force to deploy officers to manage/police any opposition/protests in relation to those drilling licences?
3. If yes, in relation to which licences and sites has officers from your force been employed?
4. How many officers have been on-site to police protests since the first deployment until the present day - a cumulative total is requested?
5. Have all of the officers on-site been from the Thames Valley Constabulary?
6. If not, from which constabularies and in what numbers were officers drafted?
7. Which force was responsible for covering the cost of bringing in officers from outside the Thames Valley Constabulary?
8. What has the total cost been, so far, to the Thames Valley Constabulary, for bringing in officers from outside the Thames Valley Constabulary?
Dear Mr Ward
Please see the attached response to your request for recorded information.
Darren Humphries | Public Access Officer
Joint Information Management Unit | Hampshire Constabulary & Thames Valley
Telephone 300 6309 | Address Thames Valley Police Headquarters, Oxford
Road, Kidlington, Oxfordshire, OX5 2NX
Government Security Classification guidance document now available!
Information Management Helpdesk:
Hampshire [email address] / 02380
479580 (internal 4631754)
Thames Valley [email address] /
01865 542051 (internal 300 6329)
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now