Dear Sefton Borough Council,
I am writing to you to request the following information under the Freedom of Information Act:
- Number of Section 38 Agreements Approved (the adoption of roads into the public highway) and issued a ‘final certificate’ (sometimes referred to as the adoption certificate) under the Highways Act 1980 per year for the last 10 years (1999-2019)?
- Number of Section 38 Technical Approvals Received under Highways Act 1980 per year for the last 10 years (1999 to 2019)?
- Number of Section 38 Agreements Rejected/Refused (refused to issue certification) per year for the last 10 years (1999 to 2019)?
- Number of recorded unadopted roads within the Council boundary each year for the last 10 years (1999 to 2019)?
- Number of new build development planning permissions granted/approved per year for the last 10 years (1999 to 2019)?
- Number of new build developments for which the Council are not required to maintain Highways including roads, street lighting & ground maintenance (1999 to 2019)?
- Number of Section 37 Agreements Approved (final certification issued) under Highways Act 1980 per year for the last 10 years (1999-2019)?
- Number of Section 37 Agreements Rejected/Refused (refused to issue certification) under Highways Act 1980 per year for the last 10 years (1999-2019)?
- List of all unadopted roads within the Council boundary?
Thank-you for email,
If your email concerns something other than a Freedom of Information
request the email account holders will relay this to the relevant Council
If your e-mail concerns a Freedom of Information request, then please let
this response act as an acknowledgement of your request. The Council aims
to provide you with a response within the FOI Act statutory limit of
twenty working days. The 20 days starts from the first working day after
your request has been received.
The provision of requested information is subject to the information not
being exempt under the Act or containing reference to third parties.
o If there is any denial or redaction of the requested information we will
contact you to explain.
o There is a possibility that certain questions may attract a cost for the
requestor. This will be considered and you will be informed if a charge is
o Were there to be a problem in supplying your requested information, we
will contact you for clarification, or discuss the issues.
If you require further information on Freedom of Information Requests
generally we suggest you visit the Information Commissioners website or
ring their advice line.
<>This message is intended for named addressees only and may contain
confidential, privileged or commercially sensitive information. If you are
not a named addressee and this message has come to you in error you must
not copy, distribute or take any action on its content. Please return the
message to the sender by replying to it immediately and then delete it
from your computer and destroy any copies of it. All e-mail communications
sent to or from Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council may be subject to
recording and / or monitoring in accordance with current legislation. This
message does not create or vary any contractual relationship between
Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council and you. Internet e-mail is not a 100%
secure communication medium and Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council does
not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was
sent. Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to ensure that this
message is virus-free, it is the recipient's responsibility to carry out
virus checks as appropriate and ensure that the onward transmission,
opening or use of this message and any attachments will not adversely
affect their systems or data. Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council does not
accept any responsibility in this regard.
Our reference: 2667965
Dear Mr McCain,
Thank you for your Freedom of Information request relating to Section 38
agreements received on 10th July. Please see the attached letter
requesting clarification of your Freedom of Information request.
Transport Planning & Highway Development
Dear Sefton Council,
Please accept my apology for the confusion. The request should state the last 10 years.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now